TEFL Course Aims
The overall aim is to provide a thorough course which includes a balance between the theory and methodology of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and to thoroughly prepare our trainees for teaching in any environment. Do you want to see the world? This is your passport! Get an English teaching job anywhere in the world.
Why this TEFL online course?
- You can study this TEFL course online from your desktop, laptop or mobile device whenever and wherever you want.
- There are no set start dates and no time limit. You have the freedom and flexibility to fit your TEFL studies around your lifestyle.
- This course contains a module on teaching English to young learners.
- INTESOL Worldwide has been training TEFL teachers for 24 years and is well known and respected in the TEFL/TESOL industry. This means your TEFL certification will be instantly recognised internationally as being of excellent quality.
- The 140 Hour TEFL course is externally accredited, meaning the content and teaching methods have been scrutinised externally to meet industry standards.
- Your tutor will be an experienced teacher holding a Diploma in TESOL as a minimum qualification.
- INTESOL Worldwide has a strong network internationally with branches all over the world, including Japan, Iran, Nicaragua, Russia and many more. We have developed the multitude of relationships with EFL schools and recruiters in TEFL employment hotspots. We’re well placed to help you find the best teaching jobs.
- Age: 18+
- Minimum of A levels/High School Diploma (although work experience and life experience are taken into account for those who have opted for a vocational path rather than an academic one)
- Native speaker OR Non-native speaker (IELTS Academic 6.0 / IELTS General 6.5 / TOEFL iBT 74 / Cambridge exams FCE Grade A, CAE Grade C or higher – please note that any external exam result, e.g.IELTS is only valid two years prior to application) Alternatively, you can have a level check with one of our academic staff.
TEFL Course Structure
The course consists of 4 units (a total of 10 modules) each of which is marked and returned with comments and guidance from the trainers. The modules submitted are continually assessed, there are no written examinations.
Duration of the course
The length of time it takes to complete the course depends on your other commitments. There are approximately 120 hours of work in the course. As a general guideline most students complete the course within 3-6 months, however if more time is required, this is not a problem. TEFL Course is valid for 6 months commencing from the date enrollment is completed. If you are in a hurry, for example due to an overseas deadline, inform your tutor who will guide you through the course and enable you to complete it more quickly.
After Completion – Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive:
- INTESOL 120 Hour Certificate in TEFL (graded)
- ALAP Course Transcript (showing the content you have studied)
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded an INTESOL Certificate with one of the following grades:
- A1 – Distinction
- A2 – Excellent
- B1 – Very good
- B2 – Good
- C – Pass