The INTESOL 150 hour Online TESOL Certificate contains a high quality academic content and is not only respected by employers, but also provides the perfect platform from which to begin your English teaching career.
For the 150 hour INTESOL Certificate in TESOL, the overall aim is to provide a thorough course which includes a balance between the theory and methodology of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and to thoroughly prepare our trainees for teaching in any overseas environment.
Why THIS online TESOL course?
- You can study this TESOL course online from your desktop, laptop or mobile device whenever and wherever you want.
- There are no set start dates and no time limit. You have the freedom and flexibility to fit your TESOL studies around your lifestyle.
- INTESOL Worldwide has been training TEFL/TESOL teachers for 24 years and is well known and respected in the TEFL/TESOL industry. This means your TEFL/TESOL certification will be instantly recognised internationally as being of excellent quality.
- The 150 Hour TESOL course is externally accredited, meaning the content and teaching methods have been scrutinised externally to meet industry standards. This means you can be sure you’ll participate in a fruitful learning experience.
- Your tutor will be an experienced teacher holding a Diploma in TESOL as a minimum qualification (many have a Masters in TESOL).
- INTESOL Worldwide has a strong network internationally with branches all over the world, including Japan, Iran, Nicaragua, Russia and many more. Not to mention the multitude of relationships we have developed with EFL schools and recruiters in TEFL/TESOL employment hotspots. We’re well placed to help you find the best teaching jobs.
- Age: 18+
- Minimum of A levels/High School Diploma (although work experience and life experience are taken into account for those who have opted for a vocational path rather than an academic one)
- Native speaker OR Non-native speaker (IELTS Academic 6.0 / IELTS General 6.5 / TOEFL iBT 74 / Cambridge exams FCE Grade A, CAE Grade C or higher – please note that any external exam result, e.g.IELTS is only valid two years prior to application) Alternatively, you can have a level check with one of our academic staff.
The course consists of five units (a total of eleven modules). Each module has a lesson that you will study at your own pace and an assignment that you will submit for grading by your tutor. When your assignment has been graded you will receive a notification by email and be able to view your grade, plus any guidance and feedback, in your online grade book. The grade book allows you to easily monitor your progress as you work through the lessons and complete the course. If you happen to fail a module, don’t worry, you will be given the opportunity to re-submit your assignment after a little extra coaching.
There are no final examinations. As soon as your last assignment has been graded you will be able to view your final grade in the grade book. Your final grade is calculated by taking the average of your ten grades for the ten assessed modules. This will be the grade shown on your Certificate in TESOL.
Duration of the Course
The length of time it takes to complete the course depends on your other commitments. There are approximately 150 hours of work in the course. As a general guideline most students complete the course within 3-6 months, however if more time is required this is not a problem. If you are in a hurry, for example due to an overseas deadline, inform your tutor who will guide you through the course and enable you to complete it more quickly.
Award of Certificate
Certificates are graded as follows:
- A1 – Distinction
- A2 – Excellent
- B1 – Very Good
- B2 – Good
- C – Pass